I thought it would be helpful to create a resource page that you can always come to for all your gardening and self-sufficiency needs. I’ll add to it as I learn more, but you might notice I refer to it in some posts. I recommend bookmarking it for your reference and convenience. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand that I have experience with all of these products, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they’ll help you.
- WordPress: This is the world’s best blogging platform. It’s free and easy to configure.
- WPEngine: When your blog gets big, upgrade to WPEngine. You’ll be glad you have them on your side when traffic really starts hitting your website.
- Bountiful Container: The guide to creating wonderful container gardens for vegetables, herbs, and fruits.
- Gardening for Geeks: A great book for gardeners who want to know more about why with the use of gadgets and tests.
- Let It Rot: This is one of my favorites on Compost. This book will help you start and maintain a compost system.
- The Self-sufficient Life and How to Live It: This book provides an entire philosophy from gardening to basketry and much more.
- Square Foot Gardening: This is a classic guide by Mel Bartholomew. This is great reading and I believe one of the best on developing your garden space.
- FoodSaver Vaccum Sealer: My wife and I use this all the time and love it. It allows us to buy larger quantities. We simply freeze most of it and enjoy the lower costs. It also helps us manage our portions. We love this thing!
- Mason Jars: These jars are a new take on a classic. I’ve enjoyed using them.
- Garden Shovel: This is the best shovel I have ever used. It’s sturdy and will last a lifetime.
- RaisedBeds.com: The premier place to purchase pre-made raised beds. You’ll find these raised bed kits are the best in the market.
- Rake: It seems I use a rake every day in some way. This rake is a joy to use and that is saying something. Give it a try.
- Botanical Interests: There is truly only one place to buy heirloom seeds. Botanical Interests has over 500 high-quality varieties guaranteed to germinate and provide you great vegetables. No GMOs here. Not only is the seed inside their packets the highest quality available, their packets are designed to give you the information you need to be a more successful gardener.
If you’ve ever wanted to find the secret to growing the best tomatoes, then I highly recommend that you check out the "Best Juicy Tomatoes" system for growing quality tomatoes without all the problems.
The "Best Juicy Tomatoes" system can help you grow truly AMAZING tomatoes. You'll love the 260 full color pictures while gaining valuable insight into staking, irrigation, nutrition, disease control and pest control.